- Works the first night
- No addiction or dependency risk
Nyquinadol contains medicinal ingredients from the California Poppy Herb (Eschscholzia California) that are proven to block night-time pain, allowing individuals with chronic or acute pain to sleep through the night without being awakened by the pain. These medicinal ingredients also help to induce sleep, enabling individuals who are in pain to fall asleep at night and experience a restful sleep through the night.
Adeeva Nyquinadol contains the exact standardized grade of the California Poppy shown to relieve night pain and enable individuals to get to sleep and remain free of pain while they sleep through the night. Practitioners know that pain is usually amplified through the night, which makes it difficult for patients to fall asleep AND remain asleep through the night. The lack of sleep slows the healing process, and often makes the patient more irritable, despondent, and may even lead to depression. As such, the administration of Adeeva Nyquinadol one hour before bedtime addresses this important part of pain management.
We recommend that individuals who are in pain consider the use of Nyquinadol, in conjunction with concurrent treatment that corrects the underlying cause of the problem. This approach enables the individual to get to sleep at night, which assists in the healing process and makes the individual’s problem more tolerable.
How does Adeeva Nyquinadol Work?
The California Poppy extract in Adeeva Nyquinadol is standardized to contain the three important isoquinoline alkaloids (californidine, escholtzine, and protopine) shown to block pain and induce sleep. These isoquinaline alkaloids bind to opioid and serotonin receptors, relieving pain, without producing euphoria or having additional potential. Stimulation of opioid receptors blocks pain sensation in the brain and blocks pain conduction in the spinal cord from reaching higher brain centers. Activation of serotonin receptors is also known to block the sensation of pain and induce sleep.
Health Canada has posted an official California Poppy monograph on its website, highlighting its established night-time pain-killing effects and sedation properties. Health Canada has granted Adeeva Nyquinadol a Natural Health Product Number (NPN), as the dosage, standardized grade and product manufacturing meet all requirements for efficacy, safety, and quality assurance. The Health Canada-issued NPN for Nyquinadol is 80032386.
No Addiction Potential
Unlike narcotic pain-killing drugs (e.g., Percocet, Oxycodone, Oxycontin, etc.) and Benzodiazepine drugs (e.g., Valium, Ativan) often used to help patients in pain sleep through the night, California Poppy supplements do not cause addiction or destroy a person’s motivation to return to a productive life. Nyquinadol supplementation does not cause euphoria or feeling of being stoned, which allows individuals to function normally through the day, and demonstrate better compliance with treatment recommendations to correct the root of the problem, including rehabilitation exercises.
How to Use Adeeva Nyquinadol
- Take one capsule of Nyquinadol one hour before bedtime to relieve night pain. If this does not have a strong enough effect, then use two capsules the next night. Do not exceed two capsules. As it also induces sleepiness, most people do not use Nyquinadol as a daytime pain-killer, especially if operating a motor vehicle, heavy equipment, or extreme alertness is required for job or daytime activities.
- Do not take this supplement if you are taking an evening or night-time dose of a narcotic drug (e.g., Percodan, Oxycontin, etc.), an anti-anxiety drug, or sleep-inducing drug (e.g., Valium, Sonata, Ambien, etc.). Speak to your doctor about replacing these evening/night-time drugs with Adeeva Nyquinadol to help prevent drug addiction.
- Patients taking narcotic or benzodiazepine drugs, and who wish to wean themselves off of these drugs by using Adeeva Nyquinadol as a replacement for chronic pain management, must do so under the supervision and monitoring of their attending physician. Narcotic and benzodiazepine drugs are highly addictive, and thus each case requires individualized evaluation and attention.
Chronic or Acute Night Pain – Take one capsule, one hour before bedtime, with a small snack. If the pain still occurs, take two capsules, one hour before bedtime the following night. Do not take more than two capsules at one time. As it also induces sleepiness, most people do not use Nyquinadol as a daytime pain-killer, especially if operating a motor vehicle, heavy equipment, or extreme alertness is required for job or daytime activities.
Consumption with alcohol, sedatives or drugs with analgesic properties is not recommended
California Poppy References
- Hanus M, Lafon J, Mathieu M. Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a fixed combination containing two plant extracts (Crataegus oxyacantha and Eschscholtzia californica) and magnesium in mild-to-moderate anxiety disorders. Curr Med Res Opin 2004;20:63-71.
- Paul LD, Maurer HH. Studies on the metabolism and toxicological detection of the Eschscholtzia californica alkaloids Californian and protopine in urine using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 2003;789:43-57.
- Paul LD, Springer D, Staack RF, et al. Cytochrome P450 isoenzymes involved in rat liver microsomal metabolism of Californian and protopine. Eur J Pharmacol 2004;485:69-79.
- Rolland A, Fleurentin J, Lancers MC, et al. Behavioural effects of the American traditional plant Eschscholzia Californian: sedative and anxiolytic properties. Planta Med 1991;57:212-6.
- Rolland A, Fleurentin J, Lancers MC, et al. Neurophysiological effects of an extract of Eschscholzia Californian Cham. (Papaveraceae). Phytother Res 2001;15:377-81.
- Essential Guide to Herb Safety. Mills and Bone (Elsevier – Churchill, Livingstone 2005): 313-315