June 2023: Full Article
Memory Support Complex: The Natural Way to Support Memory and Cognitive Function as You Age.
Why is this important?
1. By age 55 the brain’s ability to transfer choline into the brain from the bloodstream becomes diminished.
2. This results in lower brain levels of choline, which is required to make the memory chemical acetylcholine.
3. The subsequent decline in acetylcholine leads to age-related memory loss and is also a key factor in the Alzheimer’s disease process.
4. Over the past 35 years researchers have studied ways to get more choline into the brain as people age.
5. The proven method is to supplement with a special form of choline known as CDP-choline (cytidine-5-diphosphocholine), as well as phosphatidylserine and Huperzine A (which slows down the breakdown of acetylcholine, hence raising brain concentration levels).
6. These natural agents have each been shown to reverse early- stage memory loss and in human clinical studies by increasing brain levels of acetylcholine. No drugs can increase acetylcholine synthesis, only these supplement ingredients have been shown to do this.
7. As well, the use of the Indian herb known as Bacopa monnieri has also reversed memory loss problems due to its ability to improve electrical transmission of brain impulses and quench damaging free radicals in the brain.
To prevent age-related memory loss the advice is to take one or two capsules per day of Adeeva Memory Support Complex after age 50.
In cases of early-stage memory loss patients should consider taking 2-4 capsules, twice daily, to help re-establish more optimal concentrations of acetylcholine.
Here is a link to Dr. Meschino’s most recent webinar on this subject, which includes all relevant scientific references:
Dr. James Meschino
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dr. James Meschino, DC, MS, ROHP, is an educator, author, and researcher having lectured to thousands of healthcare professionals across North America. He holds a Master’s Degree in Science with specialties in human nutrition and biology and is recognized as an expert in the field of nutrition, anti-aging, fitness, and wellness as well as the author of numerous books.