Ultimate GLX contains natural agents that are known to boost liver and cellular levels of the antioxidant glutathione. Glutathione is not only a premiere cellular antioxidant, but glutathione is also required for detoxification of many dangerous environmental chemicals.
In many chronic liver conditions and immune-compromised states, glutathione levels are reduced or depleted. Supplementation with factors known to boost glutathione levels has been shown to be an important part of the nutritional management of these conditions and often facilitates better overall outcomes with improved liver and immune function.
Studies show that supplementing with glutathione itself is not an efficient way to raise glutathione levels, as it is poorly absorbed from the gut and is primarily degraded by protease enzymes (digestive enzymes).
Clinical and experimental studies demonstrate that glutathione levels are best optimized via supplementation with meaningful doses of N-acetylcysteine, alpha-lipoic acid, silymarin (from milk thistle) and glutamine, along with antioxidant vitamins and minerals (vitamin C, beta-carotene, selenium, vitamin E) provided by a high potency multiple vitamin and mineral.
In the toxic world in which we now live our liver, detoxification processes and immune systems require additional support to maintain and optimize glutathione levels. A quick historical review highlights the fact that since the Second World War an estimated 85,000 synthetic chemicals have been registered in the US alone. Today’s environment now exposes us to various pesticides, herbicides, plastics (e.g. PVC), xenoestogens (e.g. bisphenol A, parabens) and pollutants in our food, water and air.
The human body has had very little time to adapt to these new challenges, many of which may over-tax our detoxification system, suppress immune function and exert other undesirable health effects. Many experts believe that the new chemical environment in which we live is a major contributing factor to the high incidence of many degenerative diseases in the modern era.
As such, Dr. Meschino recommends that by age 50, individuals take 1-2 capsules per day of Adeeva Immuno-Detox Prime. To add an additional level of insurance you may also consider taking one capsule per day of Ultimate GLX to further boost your detoxification system and protect your liver and other cells against toxins.
If you suffer from a chronic liver ailment, compromised immune function, or feel that your work or home environment (or the food/water you consume) contain excess levels of toxins or pollutants, then you should strongly consider adding Ultimate GLX to your overall wellness/longevity program.
The ingredients in Ultimate GLX have also been show to improve glucose tolerance, facilitate excretion of heavy metals, provide neuroprotective effects, slow progression of chronic kidney disease, slow the progression of HIV infection, support intestinal and immune cell function and provide antioxidant protection to many tissues.
Health Applications and Dosage Considerations
- General health support: 1 capsule per day
- Certain liver ailments: 2 to 4 capsules per day (always check with your physician before taking any supplement if you have any liver disease, damage or infection)
- Chronic Kidney disease: 2 to 4 capsules per day (always check with your physician before taking any supplement if you have any type of acute or chronic kidney disease)
- Regular Acetaminophen or Alcohol use : 1 to 2 capsules per day may help to reduce liver damaged imposed by these agents
- HIV infection: 3 to 4 capsules per day (always check with your physician before taking any supplements if you are HIV positive)
- Diabetes (to improve glucose tolerance and antioxidant function): 2 capsules per day
- To help reverse build-up of mercury, cadmium, arsenic and other heavy metals: 1 to 4 capsules per day (based on severity)
- Cataracts: 2 capsules per day
- Polycystic Ovarian Disease: 2 capsules per day
Click to download the fully-referenced Research Report, Glutathione – The Body’s Master Detoxifier and Antioxidant